The Andover Nursing Home is a purpose-built care community which has been under the same private ownership since 1992. Its facilities far exceed required standards and are continually reviewed as part of an ongoing commitment to investment and improvement.
Our ‘home from home’ philosophy is built on a firm belief that the needs and wishes of each individual resident are paramount. People who live at The Andover Nursing Home don’t reside in a place of work. Rather, our staff work in their collective home and do everything possible to ensure that individuality is respected and celebrated while nurturing a sense of belonging.
Spacious individual rooms with ensuite shower/ wet rooms are equipped with fully monitored nurse call systems, remote control televisions and telephones ensuring a comfortable, relaxing and safe environment for sleep and daily care. Public rooms throughout the home are bright, airy and welcoming. As well as providing opportunities to spend time in different locations, they are gathering places for musical entertainment, parties, talks and other activities. Reception is also ideal for taking tea, catching up with family and friends and people watching.
Our three full time Activity organisers play a significant part in maintaining The Andover Nursing Home’s lively atmosphere. Our in-house team is full of ideas and totally committed to helping each individual live a fulfilling life which meets their aspirations wherever possible. They are always exploring suggestions for new trips and pastimes!
- Scope to personalise bedrooms with familiar furniture and pictures
- Open visiting: no set hours or restrictions, including pets
- Fully accessible landscaped grounds including sensory garden
- Groups including silver surfers, reading, garden and swimming clubs
- Shopping trips and visits to pub restaurants, garden centres and local places of interest
- Weekly Happy Hour at the bar
- Open invitation for visitors to join residents for a meal
- In house yoga instructor
- Religious services held for different denominations
- Wireless broadband and satellite TV available throughout the building
- Central location with easy access to town centre and ample visitor parking